Work in Progress

front

I know, I know. This doesn't look like progress, but rather like regression! But sometimes you have to take a step back in order to take two steps forward...

The windows and doors are mostly all removed, for ease of painting the exterior and wallpapering the interior. The shingles have been chipped off the turret roof and the openings for the double window on the third floor and the new position for the octagonal window have been cut.

back

My husband Gary made me two chimneys -- this one is narrower than the one on the other side of the house. He also cut the kitchen side door opening. Soon he will make a couple of steps. This will lead to the vegetable/herb garden....

All the flooring, wallpaper and ceiling paper have been removed. The glue was a major challenge and there were more than one kind -- which required different removal methods. Most effective was a spray bottle with warm water and white vinegar in it. After soaking for about 5 minutes a scraper removed paper and glue residue pretty easily. A different kind of glue was used for the flooring in 3 of the rooms and on one of the walls -- perhaps Quick Grab. I tried vinegar, heat (blow dryer), Goof Off and Goop. None of them worked. Sanding seems to be the only way.....

Removing the windows was pretty simple ~but not always easy! I used a sharp x-acto blade to cut the glue from both the inside and around the outside of the window frame. Tricky work. Then I pushed the windows out from the inside, holding my other hand ready to catch it as it popped out!

On to Wiring....

 

Mossy Manor | Victorian Dollhouse | Home | Email